Monday, June 14, 2010

Uganda blog: In New York

Hey everyone,

So I am going to be trying to blog as much of my experience as I can to let you have a window into this experience. I know that this trip is way bigger than me and the three others going with me, and even bigger than those we will meet in Uganda. This is all about Jesus, and everyone can be blessed by it. So I will document what I'm experiencing and learning.

We arrived in New York today at the Africa Inland Mission headquarters. We had spent the previous couple of days together preparing, but now it is good to be here with those who are sending us to talk through things more before we go. We are looking through some different resources to use while over there speaking at schools, but are still unsure.

What is hard right now is that we know very little of what we will actually be doing, and aren't able to prepare as much as we might like. But this is the situation that the Lord has created and there is not much we can do about it, so it is good to trust Him and really seek His leading on this trip, not trusting in our own efforts. I honestly don't know what this is going to be like. I have no clue what to expect. Is it going to be dangerous beyond what we could imagine, or will we be sheltered? Will we find ourselves unequipped to help, or will we be needed so much that we don't have time to do it all? Will we relate to them right away, or will it be really hard to build relationships across culture? What does the Lord want to teach us and them through this? What is the ultimate purpose of this trip?

These are all questions that loom over me, but I am excited to figure them out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment