Wednesday, August 12, 2009

In Kansas

I am sitting in a gas station with WiFi in Salena, Kansas right now. It is seven of us on the trip: Luke Marzano, Melissa Toomey, Kari Dye, Cat Van Wagner, Autumn Partlow, Lainey Hart, and myself. We left at 7:00am yesterday and didn't arrive at the hotel just short of Kansas City until around 11:30pm (which would have been 12:30am without the time change). So it was quite a long day on the road, but we broke it up with a lot of different stops. It's so crazy to think we have driven over 1,000 miles already across the country. I've never been this far west. Luke is shooting some video and different people are taking pictures, so those should be coming soon on here.

So as I am half way across the country and in the middle of nowhere in Kansas, it is really setting in that I am moving to California now. It is quite a big change, but I'm really pumped!

We are staying at my aunt and uncle's house in Denver tonight. Tomorrow we are going to see Rocky Mountain National Park, Hanging Lake, and the Colorado National Monument. We'll be camping out there. Then on Friday we are going to the Grand Canyon and will camp out there. Saturday it is on to Las Vegas. On Sunday we will finally land in Simi Valley, Lord willing.

I'll try to update this as we go. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment